Our sense of smell isn’t something we fully understand yet. It’s something primal. As much as we know about scents that calm us or trigger alertness, there’s still so much more to learn and experiment with.
The right smell can trigger an immediate response in the body. It can change our body temperature or even our heartbeat. The right scent can influence our digestion, our appetite, and has a heavy influence on our memories.
Recognizing the power of scent, we developed the idea of aromatherapy. Typically, this uses essential oils with a strong fragrance to them to influence our health and our emotions. These fragrances are typically natural ones. Often, they come from herbs.
While many people focus their aromatherapy practice solely using store-bought essential oils, others have discovered the power of a fragrance garden. Natural, beautiful to look at, and with the full power of carefully selected scents, an aromatherapy garden can be a powerful and beautiful resource.
Types of Fragrances Found in Aromatherapy Gardens
While we could break down aromatic herbs into many different categories, broadly speaking, we typically break them down into two groups: those that make us feel alert and energized versus those that make us feel calm, soothed, and relaxed.
Of course, there are herbs that don’t follow even this simple categorization. And then there are some herbs that can do both for us. Prime examples include rosemary and lemon verbena. In these cases, people often find what works best for them, or combine these herbs with others to make sure they’re steering their minds and bodies toward the desired effects.
- Package Included: 2*16 Ounce amber glass spray bottles with 2 black trigger sprayers and 2 caps, 10(4/2 ounce) glass mist bottles with mist sprayers, 16 Black chalk labels, 24 Blank White Labels, 12 10 ML Roller Bottles with 1 Roll-on Bottle Opener. 1 Cleaning Bottles Brush, 2 1ml Plastic Dropper, 2 Essential Oil Plastic Funnel.
- Multiple Use: The spray bottles set can be mixed your own cleaners for spraying plants,home linen spray for ironing, hair moisturizing, natural air freshen , floor or carpet clean, cosmetic face moisturize. Roller bottles for essential oil aromatherapy massage.
- UV Protection: Our bottles are dark brown and protect your sensitive essential oils, cleaning solutions, bleach mixtures, and anything else. Protects against degradation from ultraviolet light and keeps your essential oils safe plus the glass is not affected by strong oils like citrus. BPA and LEAD FREE.
- Environmental Protection: Glass spray bottles and glass roller bottles are mainly made of materials such as polyethylene or polypropylene. Reusable design reduce plastic chemicals in your house with a clean chemical free reusable mister for all your liquid sprays.
- Reusable ---Glass spray bottles and glass roller bottles are mainly made of materials such as polyethylene or polypropylene and added with various organic solvents. A reusable design makes these Spray Bottles a superior green alternative to pollutant plastic spray bottles and a great cash saving option.
For herbs that will help you relax, look into bergamot, lavender, clary sage, chamomile, and marjoram.
For herbs that will energize you options include peppermint, basil, feverfew, citronella geranium, aromatic safe, pineapple safe, and lemon-scented tea tree.
One fun thing to note when you’re planning out an aromatherapy garden is that the colors you see do give you hints about the type of herb you’re looking at. Pineapple sage has beautiful red leaves. The red color can tell you right away that it’s an energizing fragrance. Alternatively, purple plants like lavender are calming.
Planning An Aromatherapy Garden
There’s no need to put your fragrant herbs in an herb garden, sectioned off and alone. You can enjoy these plants in your vegetable and flower gardens as well. Use them strategically to create an experience for yourself.
There are some fragrant herbs, like rosemary, lemon verbena, scented geraniums, and lavender that really need to be handled in order to give off a strong fragrance. For these plants, people will often plant them at the borders.
You can use them along pathways in your garden. This way, you can brush against them as you walk past and unleash and fragrances. You can also stroke the leaves and petals between your fingers to really bring their power out.
- 🔔 BEAUTIFUL CRAFTSMANSHIP WITH ELEGANT DESIGN – Detailed engraved handles and heavy duty latches provide for not only function but a high end look and feel. With the best Wood material and using premium craftsmanship, the essential oil storage brings shelter to your essential oils in the carrying wooden organizer box.
- 🔔 LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT – This box is easy to store your oil. Whether you take it on the go or keep it at home to display your essential oils, this high quality pine wood box with beveled edge will keep your oils secure while also providing a professional, elegant look.
- 🔔 DURABLE & SAFE STORAGE – Keep your essential oils together in one place with our well-built and sturdy wooden case. Get rid of the clutter and keep your oils clean and organized. It features 68 slots for 5 ml, 10 ml and 15 ml essential oil bottles. The strong, durable design of the box, will keep our precious bottles from breaking and makes for safe storage. Package Include: 1 x Wooden Essential Oil Bottle Box; 1 x Bottle Cap Labels; 10 x Fragrance Tester Strips.
- 🔔 GREAT FOR TRAVEL & PRESENTATIONS – This beautiful wooden case is perfect for organizing your essential oils so that you can easily identify your essential oils. You can think of taking this oil box for travel, business display, and presentation of your product line of essential oils. The box features a metal clasp for secure closure, making it perfect for travelling and display.
- 🔔 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Lifetime warranty against material and workmanship defects. Display this gorgeous box proudly in your home or take it with you on the go, knowing your oils will be safe thanks to its robust design and purple removable foam pad. Pure Vie is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing you with world class customer service.
Let’s look into more of the options for your garden.
Fragrant Herbs For Your Garden
It’s amazing that everyone doesn’t have this gorgeous plant in their gardens. It grows quickly, so you can have a full plant in your garden before you know it. The perennial sage is shrubby and has red blossoms with green pointed leaves. The pineapple fragrance is powerful.
You’ll want to plant your pineapple safe salvia elegans in full sun and keep the fertile soil damp. It needs to drain well. Once the red flowers have blossomed you can prune the shrubby plan to keep a good shape, but never cut the old wood on this beautiful herb.
The leaves are strongly lemon-scented on this bushy shrub. This is a large herb. In the summer months, you can expect to see white blossoms. The aroma is calming and has digestive properties.
You’ll need to plant your lemon verbena in free-draining soil and in the full sun.
When you crush the green leaves of this plant you’ll get a lemon-scented oil with a strong smell. You may be most familiar with citronella as a mosquito repellant.
You can grow citronella in a pot or in a sheltered garden. It loves to be placed in the sun.
This small shrub was named because of the passion fruit scent of its leaves. Almost year-round, you can expect to see yellow daisies on this shrub.
It can be planted in the full sun or in partial shade. It is a drought-tolerant plant, but would do better with regular watering and feeding.
What To Do With Your Herbs
You have an aromatherapy garden rich with fragrant and powerful plants. Now, what should you do with them?
- You can just let them grow and then pick them selectively and inhale their fragrances.
- You could try a few fun projects to utilize the gifts of your fragrance garden.
- You could take a relaxing bath using the leaves and flowers. Harvest your choice herbs and place them in a small cloth bag. You can hang this bag around the faucet while you run your bath, letting the water run over the bag of herbs to infuse your bath water with the fragrances.
- Make a bouquet for your home.
- Dry your herbs and use them in potpourris.
- Place a few herbs in a drink – either a cold or hot beverage. Then breathe them in while you enjoy your drink.
Enjoy Your Fragrance Garden
Everyone enjoys aromatherapy in their own ways. Simply tending the plants brings many people a great deal of joy. Place a few comfortable chairs in your garden so you can relax in your fragrance garden while enjoying tea, reading a book, or chatting with loved ones.